Maureen Stout, Ph.D.
What We will Do As Your Buyer's Agent
1. We will take the time to discuss with you exactly what you are looking for, and initiate an online search based on that information.
2. We will make the search as detailed or as broad as you need, depending on your requirements.
3. We will check that properties have the features and amenities that are important to you, whether that be storage, parking, place for pets, outdoor area, particular locations, or particular buildings. We will tailor the search to your specific needs.
4. We will screen properties before sending them to you (unless you prefer us to send them to you automatically). This saves you countless hours on the MLS, since on my system, We can not only make a very detailed search, but we also get listings several days before they come up on the public system.
5. If you need a mortgage broker, banker, lawyer, mover or other professional, we can refer you to these.
6. We will show you properties in your price range. We will NOT try to sell you something that is not what you want or out of your price range.
7. We will explain the process as we go, so you know exactly what is going on at all times. If it is a strata purchase, we will read all strata documents and investigate anything that needs to be checked out.
8. We will always be available to answer your questions or discuss the process with you.
Helping you buy is no different that if we were buying for ourselves. We will do our utmost to ensure that you are making a good investment, and that you feel happy and confident about your decision.
Did You Know?
1. The vendor always pays the commission. You do not pay us to work with you. Our working relationship is based on trust, so if we agree to work together, when we find you a property, we write the offer for you and we get paid by the vendor when the sale completes.
2. If you’re a first – time buyer, you may be eligible for an exemption from the Property Transfer Tax. We can give you more information on that. If you have previously owned a home anywhere in the world, you will pay PTT, which is 1% on the 1st $200,000 and 2% on the remainder of the purchase price of a property.
Recent changes have been put into place regarding the Property Transfer Tax, which we are pleased to provide to you.
If you are thinking about buying, or just want to learn about the process with no cost or obligation, please call us or email us any time.